Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Saturday Six Seventeen



  1. On Saturday last week, my best friend from my college days was out to see me.  She came Friday, and was here for two nights.  We had dinner with my family, and she helped me wash dishes afterwards, on Friday night.  When my family went to hang out in the camper for a bit, we went up to my room, hooked up her laptop, and popped in a DVD.  We watched Mama Mia up there until my ma came up, and then moved the giggles downstairs.  It was odd to hang out in my bedroom I’ve had since I was little, because it hasn’t been since at least middle school that I actually chilled up there.  Haha.

  2. Saturday, was a special artist’s birthday. Made and sent him a card, and did a shot with him that night.

  3. I’ve gotten some headway in the job hunting mission, let’s see where things lead me.  Cross your fingers folks!

  4. I’ve been making progress on a new writing project. It’s challenging me, and I’m loving every bit of it.

  5. My friend Chrissy and I checked out the store, Spirit Halloween on Tuesday, in Geneseo. It’s one of those seasonal stores.  Many cool things in there, but more for parties and kids for the most part. Oh, and I managed to have a heart-jump-throat moment when one of the animatronic creatures—a giant spider—lunged at me.  Okay, not Halloween yet, but I’ve had my scare for the month. Haha.

  6. Yesterday, I became excited. Why?  My good friend and fellow writer, sent me a copy of her first book in her Serenity Series, Secret, as a gift in the mail.  I’m going to have to hide it on myself perhaps, because it’s pulling me.  Yet, I’m already three books I’m reading simultaneously and have about two more after that which people have lent me.  Those must be read first so that they can be returned to their proper owners. And who knows how many more books I’m going to get soon, my birthday is just a couple weeks away.  Alas…, more books in this world than I can read, and I shall continue to build my library.

~Count your blessings, and whether things are bad or you’re doing well, find something good and hold on!

Much love!

~*~Alyse~*~