Monday, May 28, 2018

Home is Where the Love Is


You chuckle, you don't understand it
            But it makes you smile anyway--
You know it says the most in the those few words.
Coming from me, it's almost bigger than the simple "I love you,"
Even though you have to explain to your father
            Who loves me as a daughter,
That while I may say that to many,
            It's actually not an easy line for me to say.
To you, I will continue to say "I love you"
But this, this I know from your smile alone
            Is the best way that I say it.
It's for you, and you alone.
I inhale deeply and the scent of you helps calm me.
It's why you unlike all others can get me down from a spiral within
Hours, with just your arms around me,
            Your presence near me.
Your warmth floods my lungs,
A repetitive arrow rightly sent
            Through my heart.