Monday, May 28, 2018

Just A Clip


I'm laughed at for my tripling, my quadrupling,
I have to recheck myself because it's called major anxiety.
I've screwed up too much from depressive and hypomanic storms
And blacked out memories that I can't allow,
Can't handle, or give up the need to perfect;
Too much has been ripped from my control these last few years--
And in these last nine months or so,
            My mental has felt so topsy-turvy,
                        Side-screwy.
How would you like hallucinations jumping in,
            Seemingly ordinary
That you're rocked off finding out
            Reality isn't
Is not
Yours anymore?
Accidental gas potions brewing like cauldrons,
            Threatening to kill your lungs,
Or flames licking your kitchen ceiling
            Slick with perfumed oil--
All of these are your mistakes
            And none of these registers until it's almost too late?
You laugh at me for my counting.
            My pacing.
                        My hand-wringing.
                                    My fast-talking.
You see these traces,
            My different faces.
But you've never seen me fully relaxed.
You don't get that I'm not making myself paranoid,
            I live with paranoid.
One error, I fail.
One error, you move on--brush off.
            It can eat me for days.
Even if everyone says things will be okay,
Unless I have a one hundred percent
            I cannot give you the guarantee
That I'm not going to recycle:
            One...
                        Two--
            Three,
Repeat. Maybe?