Friday, July 22, 2016

Bruised Knees

I am on my knees
Not because of glory
Reach out your hand,
Help me up.
I’ve been broken but am determined to rise.
            I may not have been bled with red,
But tears have spilled on my face and smeared across
My love's chest as he's held me shaking
            And each porcelain piece of me
Spider-cracked
            And
He
            Just
Gripped me in his arms tighter to act as the glue
That allows me to go further...
The one you blessed me with even though
Soap opera, midnight drama
            Has multiplied by ten-fold in my life
Since you placed him in my life to finally be recognized
And to un-melt my heart and fill past-pains,
            Assist me in re-finding myself,
Allowing me to love again.
You have given him,
But I've been knocked down so many times,
            And only just gotten up,
A little harder each blending chapter--
That I for once, to the best of my memory,
            Have doubted and questioned You;
My faith. The road ahead.
Roads have been dark,
            But Heaven
I have often wondered if the stars,
            They still move.