Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Other Fish Within The Sea



Please don’t call me sweetheart,
I might vomit from the fear.
Please don’t fall so easily,
I may break your heart before you have the chance.
Please don’t call me yours,
My heart is someone else’s.
Please don’t speak of settling,
It’s hard for me to see a future without him.

I cannot stay, so I move on.
Part of me still listens though,
For when my love comes to my door.
I can give you friendship,
I can bring you ease…
You are stress relief,
The other fish within the sea.

I want to step away
Give you the simple yes you seek,
But I cannot, because while I can mix and mingle
My heart still waits to hear its heartsong sing.
I hate to admit, but I’ve that hope inside,
That kind whose seed buries deep.

Yes, I like you
That goes without saying.
Do I foresee a future?
Don’t hate me for not believing.
I have one in mind
That I thought was broken long ago
But once again,
Lightning struck and the dreams came creeping back.

I want to say yes,
Trust me, I do.
However, I don’t know what kind of answer to give
When I could have all I ever wanted
With the one that compliments, completes
If I just hang on a little longer.
Could you wait? That’s cruel of me to ask.
You’re kind and sweet
But I don’t know, if even though you think me cute
If you could ever handle the real me

That is beneath.