Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Saturday Six (Seven)



  1. Sunday, I went to a wedding where I got to see my friend (who was my best friend in elementary school) get married to the man she has loved almost as long as I have known her.  She made a beautiful bride, and for the first time in my life, I cried at a wedding, and at the reception as well.

  2. Monday, one of my best writer friends, Madeleine (you may know her as M. R. Bryant) traveled a little over an hour to come and visit me.  So we talked, a lot, and then I brushed off my magic wand and worked a bit of my fairy godmotherly magic on her, as she requested (she has a wedding in Pennsylvania she’s attending this weekend, and wanted to look…fannetabulous, hehe).  I’m so glad that I got to see her…I had really needed her, and I also desperately miss seeing her at least once a week, like when we went to college.  I’m sure everyone will be quite jealous of her boyfriend this weekend though, because knowing her, she’s achieved what she planned.

  3. I know from talking to my friend Jess this week, that I’m blessed to have her in my life, and as part of the family I have created for myself.  Remember, if you have good friends, true friends, the ones you know are real, don’t ever let them go if you can help it.  They’re the falling stars you hold in your hand and want to keep close to your heart.

  4. My best friend from college, Christine, called me up this week.  I had to get off the phone after a while, but I hope I can see her soon.  Stinks that it’s so hard to find time to even have a phone conversation any more, that isn’t texting.  But, when you’re friends and you matter, still need to try even if it’s just for a minute.  That’s something I learned a long time ago, and will keep putting into practice when someone else is willing to do so as well.

  5. Yesterday, I got up early and joined Jack and his family, and his friend Jessi to go visit the Genesee Country Village and Museum (Mumford, NY).  We didn’t see every little bit, but I’m glad to be given the chance to go when I appreciate the beauty of all of it, as well as the history.  I do know though, that even though I’m already not a big fan of beer, it’s going to be a couple weeks possibly before I can swallow a swig of it after going to the 19th century brewery.  Haha.  Oh my though, how beautiful some of the houses were….in some, I felt like I was in Dr. Quinn’s homestead before she married Sully, in other’s like I could possibly be in the Quinn house in Boston.  That’s the extremes.  I loved it though, and in one of the last houses that we had a chance to go into, I had memories of when I went to house in Rochester two years ago, to celebrate International Women’s Day.

    We also went to one of the museums, that held old clothing and had artwork.  How I dearly love to look at art, and see the magic a person has created with her or his own hands.  With the clothes though…even though some of it was pretty…you’d never catch me, I do believe, trying to wear any of that.  The waists were much too small, and I’d rather have comfort and air in my lungs than be constrained by a corset.

    My writer’s mind is pleased, as well as a bit of my soul.  Yes, I know, I may be a bit strange for saying that, but hell, I don’t care.

  6. After the museum, and after lunch, when we got back to their house, I admit, I ended up falling asleep on their couch.  Jack had to wake me up eventually, and we went to a baseball game in Batavia.  It was a good game, from what I can collect, and I enjoyed the company immensely.  When we went to head back to our town, we stopped in the parking lot to watch the fireworks.  Thank the heavens for Jack, because with all those bangs, even though I enjoy the light and the sparks, I don’t know how well I would have remained standing, or if I could have kept myself from trying to shut all the sound out.

My friends have been so kind and good to me, seems even more so since I got my degree.  I may be stressing a lot lately, but I recognize what is good, what keeps me going, and that the universe or someone, is watching out for me.  Well, I’m sorry if this is rushed, but I’m extremely tired and have to make sure this posted before I decide to wake my youngest nephew up to start his day.  I’m going to make sure that this kid actually gets a nap later, so none of this sleep until 12:30 crap.  Haha.

~Count your blessings, and whether things are bad or you’re doing well, find something good and hold on!

Much love!

~*~Alyse~*~