Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Saturday Six (Eight)



  1. My friend Steph, whom I call my Wifey, traveled out to our hometown to celebrate her brother’s 17th birthday and I got to spend a few hours with her.  Wonderful!  We got with some of our friends as well, from our high school days, and nope, no being quiet occurred between any of us really.  I was also able to finally give her the birthday presents and birthday letter I had for her.  She was pleased to find what I had stored in the pretty box (that she plans on using for scrapbooking) because in it, I had her letter, a painted pilsner glass, a picture frame made completely of glass, a pillar candle (the scent of her favorite cupcake, strawberry) and a cupcake cookbook.  When it comes to people I care about, when I am capable of doing something, I hardly ever miss their birthday and do my best to make sure they know that I care and love them.  I do my best to think of nothing else but them when it comes to making someone feel special.  Haha.

  2. Sunday, when Steph and I were at her parents’ house, I saw the mom of someone who matters to me.  It was wonderful, because I had ran into the whole family, and when she got out of the car, she exclaimed in what seemed to be good cheer to see me.  She has received more tattoos since I last saw them in January.  She liked having me around when she got one, because I was able to distract her with good and honest, real conversation.  Glad to know I’m not hard to forget.  =)

  3. Tuesday, I was greeted with a wonderful surprise.  My lovey: Jess Russell, came out with her son to visit me.  She’s never been out here, and now she has truly learned what I mean when I’ve always said that I grew up in the sticks, and that there is nothing really within walking distance from my parents’ house.  She gaped at all the green, loved the views, and was surprised to find roads that had no lines on them.  She also said after I gave her a small tour of my town that if I had lived in the town and not the country, she would be jealous of me.  To outsiders, even though there’s nothing to do, they often see the quaintness of the area.  She also loved our public library, which, even though it’s small (at least to some others that I’ve stepped foot into before).  She enjoyed the way it is set up, and I was able to show her the area that I’ve shown very few people in my life: what my happy place was when I was a child…before the teen years had ever really hit.  What is that you may ask?  It is a wooden rocking chair in a small quiet room, in the downstairs of that said library.  Then is when I wished for silence.  Now is when I almost always need a background noise such as music or a television.  The need or craving to be left alone, to have privacy, and to be around something I am passionate about, etc, has never changed since then, though.  I’m just glad that one of the people that matter so much to me was able to come out here, as well as share a piece of me with her.  And you know what ended up happening?  She whisked me away with them to their place to escape for some of the week!

  4. Thursday, when I got back from Jessica’s, my friend Jamie stopped by my house for a few hours.  I like when friends do that, as long as I’m awake.  Haha.

  5. I ended up opening my first checking account this week….mainly for just the bills.  I want to do my best to try and pay off some of my loans before grace period ends, and I sorely need to build up credit.  So…yeah, checking account.  Even though I can never remember the proper way to fill out a check.

  6. By the way, for the past four years, I have been obsessed with the Gilmore Girls.  I had gotten the first two seasons on DVD when I was a freshman in college, and then this week, happy days…I bought the third and fourth finally.  I don’t buy things online, so it’s a lot harder to find.  And the third season is my favorite season.  So, yayness!

There’s some other things that are small things that were good about this week, and even big in my eyes, but they’re either not things that I am willing to share with the public or that I cannot recall.  I’m having problems trying to figure out some things in my personal life, and am highly stressed.  Luckily, I did get some writing in and editing…as well as a bit of playing beta reader, in this week.  I am having this post while I’m away from my computer this weekend, so hopefully you all are doing well, and I am hopefully soaking up the rays somewhere not here and possibly with my best friend from Brockport.

~Count your blessings, and whether things are bad or you’re doing well, find something good and hold on!

Much love!

~*~Alyse~*~