Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Saturday Six (Nine)



  1. Last week, I spent some time with my best friend, Christine, and her boyfriend. We spent a good portion of the day at Darien Lake, which was surreal for me in some ways since I haven’t been on any rides since I was in high school. And of course, she talked me into sitting in the very front seat of each of the roller coasters we managed to get on.  And John won me a mini stuffed pink elephant (I wasn’t going to waste money on games).

  2. Tuesday, I spent some time with Chrissy, where we drove through some of the towns surrounding our own, and then walked a few laps around our village park.  By eight, due to the fact that I’m not used to air conditioning (which we now have at my house) and that we did a lot of talking, my voice was raspy.  I won’t be surprised if I get laryngitis at some point this summer…hoping that me saying this will prevent it.

  3. I got to watch a Jack Skelton Mickey Mouse tattoo get done in person.  I love watching tattoos come to life.  Part of me would like to try my hand at a tattoo gun, but anyone trusting me with one would be wrong, because that ink you can’t erase, and I’ve never had a steady hand, even when I did draw often.  I can just imagine the horror of me trying to do one single line!

  4. Chrissy must truly love me, as well as trust me.  Wednesday night, when we got to my house, after my dad got our ’92 working again, that now that it is off the road, I’m using as a field truck…she got in the passenger seat and we went for a drive around my middle field.  That’s the first I’ve driven more than down to the burn pit from the house, since January.  Pitch black, and with only the normal headlights on, so I unfortunately didn’t go to the top field to practice at all since I could not see the sledding hill to drive up.  Due to the day, the people I had been with, and having Chrissy with me, I was mellow, which is an oddity.  The fact that someone I care about had told me not to kill her whilst driving earlier that day, note, I love ya, but thanks for the confidence.  Haha.  She helped me learn better on doing turns than what my dad has done.  It wasn’t driving on roads at all, which I really need to do (please, give me back roads), but it was progress. Afterwards, we slept in my parents’ camper.

  5. Yesterday, I was dragged all over with my dad, but damn did he treat me to a fantastic lunch!  We stopped at the Varysburg Hotel, and had lunch at the bar there.  The owner/bartender was a nice person, and held good conversation (this is a must in my book).  Her pricing was decent, and Hell, her quesadillas were the best that I’ve ever tasted.  Giant, loaded with cheese, tomatoes (first I’ve ever had tomatoes in mine), and chunks of chicken instead of shredded.  I hadn’t eaten all day, but there was so much, that I had to force myself to finish the last bites of just the second slice.  The leftovers are awaiting me in the fridge for at some point.

    After lunch, we stopped at one of my dad’s buddy’s house that he has connections with due to the VFW.  As soon as I got out, their granddaughter came running up to me and barely left my side until her grandma finally got her down for a nap.  Even though I told her my name, she was adorable, going around calling me “Lady.” 

  6. I had a surprise yesterday, when I was talking to my friend Melinda, who told me she had been recently talking to the philosophy professor we both had had at one time.  While she was talking to me, I immediately received a friend request from him, and spent a good portion of the night talking with him, in regards to life and Nietzche.  I honestly enjoyed our conversation, and hope to talk with him more in the future; I am pretty sure we could have some interesting things to discuss, and I know I can probably learn and discover more from him (now).


It’s funny, aside from when I wasn’t home, most of this past week is a blur.  I’ve no idea why.  I remember doing things here at the house, such as transcribing recipes and finally packing up my porcelain dolls, but the rest, it’s just not there. And yes, I did more when I was outside of the house than I am telling, but you all know by now, I don’t kiss life and tell every detail, what kind of writer or good human being would I be trying to be then?  Haha.  Well, I have yet to get ready for the day, and must do some heavy cleaning in the camper I mentioned today as well as I have a sayonara party to attend.  Hope you all are doing well, and if not…well, I’m sure you’ll find something even if it’s minute.

~Count your blessings, and whether things are bad or you’re doing well, find something good and hold on!

Much love!

~*~Alyse~*~