Friday, April 6, 2012

Won't Go Back


Last year, I probably would’ve said yes.
Take you back even if it couldn’t work.
Deal out multiple second chances.
So I could always hold onto you.

Chorus:
But now, you wouldn’t know me
I’m no longer the same
And I’m not going back to who I was,
And even though a piece of me
Still loves you like an everlasting flame,
I won’t go back, no I ain’t going back.

Press rewind and take in all the memories,
Nostalgia’s a bitch, don’t I know it.
Hear people talking about hurt and pain,
And all of them think staying and returning is going to be worth it.

Chorus

Don’t come crawling to me,
I won’t care if you bring me flowers, begging on your knees.
You may think my heart’s grown cold,
Truth is, I just did what I had to, became stronger.

Chorus

I won’t go back to me and you.