Thursday, August 11, 2011

Over You


Talking:

What’re you doing here? What, do you want me to give you my heart? Here, I’ll rip it out of my chest and serve it to you on a platter. I don’t want it; although I’ll tell you right now, you sure as hell don’t deserve it.

Song:

Cold hearts,
Black tears,
Muddy waters,
Welcome to
The end of whatever this is…

Chorus:
Right now, your mouth is gagged with an old rag,
Hands tied behind you with some old twine.
I think my eyes are broken,
‘Cause I ain’t crying,
I’m not crying over you.
No, I’m not crying because we’re over, over.

I thought I could love you forever,
But then you screwed me over
And I won’t take your shit no more,
If you wanted me, then you should have fought,
So I’m through with your lies…
And:

Chorus

I loved you and now look at the mess we’re in,
You put me high up on a pedestal,
But instead I felt like I was getting served up to you on a platter,
So why are we here now, I bet you wonder…
Well:

Chorus

Because I can’t take those lies of yours,
And the masks that you make to make me fit in your world.
I just want to be me, me, me
Give me a little space to breathe.
Have my heart, take it all chopped to pieces,
I can do without.

Your hands are tied and your mouth is gagged,
But I’m letting you go and saying goodbye;
‘Cause I ain’t crying,
No I ain’t crying over you.