Friday, April 24, 2015

Eyes Closed

When the dreams start, that's when I distance myself
Disconnect when all I want is to dive head-on,
Succumb to what my heart longs for
But I lock the aches inside my subconscious.
Shush I tell the soul, I know you want to hope
And that you want, nay, need your wishes to come true
But we must be silent and let them come--
There are some things that we cannot make happen on our own;
We cannot force the will of others.
This is a game we just have to continue to play our part,
Be strong and hold on while keeping the walls up
Only to let them down when it is perhaps safe...
I may be a queen with my head held high,
But I cannot control the stars and their ways they intertwine--
That is Fate's math.
We just have to keep rolling the dice,
Lips bitten, breaths held, crossing our fingers...
Until a reprieve and we have to steal ourselves while letting loose
Until we begin this pain again.