Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Want to Try

I fall into pieces
And I keep hoping
That you'll look my way.
I stumble, this isn't what I'm used to--
I loved for so long, hid away.

I crash and I bury
I cry but I can't let it be seen.
It's time for me to open now that it's all closed, behind me.

Rearrange, these atoms that form my skin
At night when I close my eyes,
It's all darkness with blasts of light.

I want to try you out,
See if we're a fit and I just want to try,
This isn't me but I like you too much to not try.

I've been on this wheel called life for too long
Been carrying my burdens, sharing them with no one.
I want to be loved, not just the lover--
I want to see the world, see it in your eyes
I've fallen in pieces, but for the future I'm willing--

I'm willing to bring all the skies, and wrap them around me tight.