Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Thank You

You said, you wanted me to be myself.
You said, you loved everything about me.
But your actions were knives to it all--

And I was left, struggling with my emotions.
You led me to think that I was going mad,
But you making me cry is what made it all go bad.

Chorus:
I have no regrets,
Those tears will make me stronger.
You mad me learn, what I didn't know yet,
And made me remember--
That I'm not dead.

So thank you, thank you
For showing me I can still open my heart.
Thank you, thank you
For showing me that the ice is gone.

I needed this, no matter how short it was.
I hope you can forgive me someday.
We weren't right for each other,
I had to end it all to save one another.

Chorus

Kisses and wishes,
we were two twenty-somethings,
Needing saving and redeeming from our pasts.

I couldn't handle it,
I was ready but the intensity was too much.
I'm sorry for breaking your heart.

Chorus

So thank you, thank you
You made me feel my heart beat again

Chorus