Thursday, July 10, 2014

First Week

I jumped into this, headlong, fast
Saying to take it slow but the emotions move quick
I've never been the kind of girl to fall with speed
But I've never had a guy make me cry because he loved me.

I want to make things work,
I'm in love for the second time and it somewhat hurts
My world's upside down, spinning like a top
And there's so many times my stomach's already in knots.

I'm scared and yet I'm staying, but there's already stupid fighting
I'm rooting my feet in but I already feel as if I can't do anything right
I'm told not to blame myself, but it's hard when the one
Is telling you that he's going to try hard not to think bad thoughts about you.

There may be bad from the past for both sides,
But at least I'm not letting it make me want to hide.
The worst part is, I feel the happiest I have in ages,
And yet I want to burn my skin because of the pains and sadness, too.

It's already a push and shove, trying to hold on to who I am
I don't want to lose me, my self, and I'm told to stay true to my heart
But my mind is influenced by my emotions and all I feel is as if I'm about to drown
With him as the raft keeping me from submersion.