Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Saturday Six Sixteen



  1. I went to the eye doctor’s for the first time in almost two years and found out I needed a stronger prescription. It’s later in the week and my eyes are already starting to feel a bit better after all the stress they’ve been dealing with for about a month or so. And the headaches caused from it are starting to dissipate! It’s wonderful, and it also means I can focus better, for reading, writing, and editing.

  2. I got to choose new frames, and now my face gets to choose between gold and purple. Haha. And I got to learn that spring frames are better than others, being more durable—explaining why my old ones had a hard time staying on my face when I had them, and eventually got somewhat warped.

  3. Wednesday, when I got back into my town from Batavia, I met up with my friend Chrissy when she got out of work. It was a really good night; one we both sorely needed.  We walked around town for an hour, and then drove around back roads, before heading over to Geneseo for supper. Lots of talking. Some laughter. Stories. And good old Marilyn Manson playing in the car.

  4. I edited and beta-read a snippet for one of my friends this week, helping her to get better at writing, and to practice editing more.  I’ve also been reading a little bit on things for editing, while working on my own work.  Always working hard in the writing world, just may be the actual creating, the editing process, or reading. I enjoy it and I know it’ll never stop providing me with a challenge in some sort of way. Here’s to the craft of words!

  5. My friend M. R. Bryant had a Kindle sale from the first until today for her first book, Nation Nine. I talked with her last night, and the sale has been a larger success than one could have hoped!  If you haven’t yet, get yourself a copy and read the book, even if it’s after the sale is over. It’s a good read, especially if you like Dystopian literature, which is usually something I’m not a fan of myself, but I did like the Hunger Games trilogy, and I sincerely enjoyed my friend’s work.  Try it!  The second book in her series will be coming soon, so READ ya’ll. Hehe.

  6. In my town, aside from the local YMCA, we also now have a gym that’s opened 24/7 which opened sometime during my college years. My friend Jamie took me there as a guest for my first time yesterday.  We worked out nearly two hours, where I did a tiny bit of arm and back work, some leg work with the machines, and did about eight miles through cardio (mainly using one of the bikes), constantly changing the resistance levels.  My body felt like jelly afterwards before it became numb, but oh man, it felt so good. I started liking working out during my last year of college, so needless to say, I found myself admitting that I missed it. My high school self would be in shock. Doing a tiny bit of yoga today to keep from locking too much, but you can tell you worked your ass off literally when all your muscles ache. It did allow me to sleep for the most part, better than I have most of the time.
~Count your blessings, and whether things are bad or you’re doing well, find something good and hold on!

Much love!

~*~Alyse~*~