Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Saturday Six (Six)



  1. Sunday, my brother and sister had a barbeque at their house.  I helped Christina get things prepared, and Marc took over the grill.  It was good eating, and I also got to watch all three of the older kids ride around the backyard, and it was a good time.  The only scary thing all day, was that night when we were doing fireworks, and one went a little more crazy than expected!

  2. Monday night, all of my southern siblings, the kids, my dad, and I all went out to Paducah to go to Texas Roadhouse.  Now, I’m not a butter on bread person anymore, but I tried their honey cinnamon butter on their bread, and wow, that tasted like heaven in my mouth…I would have had more than two rolls, but since I still had supper to eat, I stopped myself.  I could be happy just eating that though!

  3. I got back home here to my small town in New York around three in the afternoon on Wednesday, and how beautiful it felt to sit and watch a half hour of television on our couch.  Yeah, sure, I had to get ready soon afterwards, but after sitting in a very uncomfortable truck for the entirety of Tuesday and part of Wednesday…I’m kind of hating vehicles even more right now. Haha!

  4. The Fourth of July parade in town was Wednesday as well, and my mama, my sister, her boyfriend, and Camerin and I went down to the park to watch my dad march, as well as see the rest of the parade.  We even got to see our friends Jackie and Chris’s newborn, who was so cute!  And Jack, as wonderful as he is, walked over to watch with us.  Good to see him after my trip, especially since he was able to bring me smiles.  He always brings me smiles it seems.

  5. Jack and I walked around the carnival for a little while after the parade ended, talking, where he did an accent and I had to try hard not to laugh too much.  Ran into multiple people, and a lot of people are right…where’s the need for high school reunions when things like the carnival for instance, is like one, every year.  Soon, I had to say goodbye to Jack though, because he had to get home, and my girls were on their way for us to go the beer tent.

  6. Yep, I went to the beer tent, where I got to dance to a live band with a couple of my friends I graduated high school with, and some of my friends that had graduated before me.  With these girls around, I know that our small town will be more bearable, and that I can count on them for fun and laughter.

Not too much has happened since the third, because I’ve been a bit of a hermit, due to being on the road so much and I wasn’t feeling great.  Today?  I’ve got an annual family party to attend, and a wedding tomorrow to go to.  So…wish sanity for me.

~Count your blessings, and whether things are bad or you’re doing well, find something good and hold on!

Much love!

~*~Alyse~*~