Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Yo-Yo Game



We’ve played the game of yo-yo,
You wrapped a string around my heart so long ago.
Ups and downs,
Highs and lows,
Lead me along
Like walking the dog.
But I’m not a dog to you am I?
You never really got to see the bitch inside,
It was often muted.
I was and am to you,
A goodie-good.
You really no longer know who I am, do you?
The string has slowly sliced my organs,
But the bleeding is okay,
I’ve learned to withstand the pain.
I’m strong.
I’m proud.
No longer bringing me to the ground with agony,
Because like an actress
Or a woman in a painting,
I can conceal quite well now
The tears and wanting inside.
I know how to go on without waiting now.
You withheld your flirtations you had with other girls
Got with some as well,
I’m not going to keep anything from you on it,
If you ask if other guys have come along that I’ve flirted with,
I will answer with a simple yes,
I’m not the kind of person that will keep it from you
And just remain silent.
We were always friends first,
So where’s the friend that I could trust
And would put my life in the hands of?
I’m good, oh yes I am
But there’s plenty that you wouldn’t believe
Keep me in the distance of the string
Wrapped around your finger.
Oh well, shame
You’ve missed another chance.
I’m going on, if you talk,
That’s fine, I’ll respond,
But if you want more,
You’re going to need to take action,
More than just words that look beautiful
Or sound like sinfully happy music to my ears.
You want a relationship, for real
Don’t come to me with words
And more excuses
Like the ones where you’d say you wanted me
Wanted us to take the next step,
And then respond with a “but here’s what’s stopping me.”
Nothing should be stopping you.
If you really do love
If you really do care
Show me.
Learn who I am now
And take action.
My life waits for no man.