Sunday, May 19, 2013

Running Out of Wishing Wells



I think I’m running out of wishing wells
The universe is full of stars, and I think they’ve lost their powers.
I never wished on the clock,
But I blew out candles with prayers upon my breath.
Each kiss in which I partook,
Were hopes locked on lips for the love that was within;
The other kisses, the ones with the others,
The ones without markers upon my heart,
They were skipping stones I threw across the water
Trying to find feeling inside and reach for a flutter like butterflies
            Those kind in your stomach, but few achieved it.
            None were the hopes though, the wishes backed with feelings
The kind that makes you cry at night
            And in the daytime.
I wish for you, even though my mind has said stop.
Told you I feared hope, but it’s settled in and I’m scared.
You’ve become silent when it comes to the matters of our hearts once again,
            And I have an inkling that you’re running once more.
            Can’t handle the commitment to someone that’s good for you.
            Can’t handle the commitment to the one you know you can’t erase.
I know I can’t erase, but I’m not waiting.
            Not anymore.
You have to decide, I’ll still come, I’ll still love you,
But no more excuses, no more withholding.
Take a stand, otherwise, we’ll just keep revolving like earth, sun, moon
            The axis going around
                        And around.
I’ve become dizzy.
I will do my best with my life, but please decide
The coin you toss into the air,
            That’s my heart
Heads,
            Face love, have love
Tails,
            Run, imagine, acquire love façade.
Go ahead, throw it into whatever wells you have left,
I know we’re both coming to spiraling ends going
            “Where’s a wish when you need one?”
Please…someone grant.
Wave a wand, breathe in
Let an angel brush against.
Find me. We’ll talk,
            I’m back
Here I am, je suis ici
Come to me
I’m still living.