Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Forget the Past


Chorus:
I remember the day
That you told me you were scared
That you might have lost me,
Never wanted to lose me.

I was at work
Putting the books away on those dusty shelves
Musty memories wanting to be read;
And you were buzzing in my pocket
One of those rare days where we could talk forever
And almost all your walls
Were down.

Bridge:
Forget…the past…
Don’t regret…what your heart says…
You know I’m here…I’ve never left…
Just take that step…I’ll catch you if you stumble…

I got scared
Didn’t want to talk about you and me
That always led to myself hoping
That you would come riding in on your black horse
And carry me away,
So I just ran like a girl
Leaving her footprints in the dust.

Chorus

I was scared myself
I’ve told you before;
It was the only time,
We really ever got close to a fight
And then a month later,
Is when you who was telling me:
You miss our talks.

Bridge

You walked to my house
It was pouring rain
You held me close
As you leaned against the wooden post
That’s when it felt so right
And even though you were tired and I held you up
I knew we were going to be alright.

Chorus

Bridge

Don’t regret…what your heart says…
Just take that step…I’ll catch you if you stumble…
Take that step…