Tuesday, September 3, 2013

When I Said I'd Be Alright



I won’t be here, when you come home
I’m sorry, but I had to go.

I loved you like dew on the night grass
Giving my heart up like Alice and her looking glass.

Chorus:
The only lie I ever told
Was when I said I’d be alright
But here I am, feeling cold
Praying for some sunlight
So instead of staying home,
I’m driving away on my own.

You gave me pieces of you
The kind I didn’t know how to glue.

Promised me everything would be alright in the end
The only thing I can find is memories in the sand.

Chorus

Passion flowed between us like silent fire
I never thought I’d feel something so dire.

I can’t look back now without chancing tears
Falling in love’s now my biggest fear.

Chorus

The only lie I ever told
Has left me, feeling cold

So instead of staying home,
I’m driving away, driving away, on my own.