Friday, December 16, 2011

Have You


Do you remember me?
I sure remember you.
I remember those eyes,
I remember that face,
I remember those hands
That held onto me so tight.

My heart and soul aches
As I remember how we once loved,
Will you come back into my life,
Carry me from the ashes like
A tainted savior raising me from the grave
In which I buried my heart.

Chorus:
In the dark we hide, our denial
That we ever loved at all
Inside I’m crying
Because I know I’ll never have you
Like I did once before.

But maybe we can have another chance,
I pray that chances are something
That can be granted more than once.
Is there still a piece of me inside of you
That you still hold onto just like your arms
Once held me close to your chest?

Come back into my life and stay there
Be the soul mate I once believed you were.
I’ll bite the forbidden fruit
If that will mean that I can have you
No need for seduction
All we need is the truth.

Chorus

Unfortunately for me,
I don’t believe that you will give me what I need
The redemption, the peace
Because you were always stuck in your ways
A crazy mustang that no woman could tame for long,
But I’m on my bended knees hoping.

I’m hoping that you’ve changed
But that the person I once adored
Is still there inside, too.
Can you reach out to me?
Let your heart remember the love we shared,
You’re existence keeps this hope alive.

Chorus

Like I did once before.